mercredi, juin 20, 2007

When worlds collide

Remember. In 1905, Max Weber wrote one of the seminal works in sociology. Now, here, you can finally discover (thanks to the Surrealist) what would happen if Weber turned his brilliant work into a Hollywood Blockbuster :

  • I always say a kiss on the hand might feel very good, but a protestant ethic lasts forever.
  • I have a head for business and a protestant ethic for sin.
  • Well, here's another nice protestant ethic you've gotten me into!
  • I see dead protestant ethic.
  • Everybody! Everybody wants a piece of protestant ethic!
  • Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its protestant ethic.
  • I love the smell of protestant ethic in the morning.
  • First rule of Protestant Ethic Club is - you do not talk about Protestant Ethic Club.
  • Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my protestant ethic. Prepare to die!
  • My mama always said life was like a box of protestant ethic.
  • When I invite a woman to dinner I expect her to look at my protestant ethic. That's the price she has to pay.
  • That protestant ethic is the pure, physical manifestation of Sadako's hatred.
  • You know the difference between you and me? I make protestant ethic look good.
  • Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to protestant ethic.

So remember : "Every time someone says 'I do not believe in protestant ethic', somewhere there's a capitalist that falls down dead."

4 commentaires:

Reb a dit…

Hé hé hé (oui, je sais, mes commentaires se ressemblent parfois. Faut croire que je lis des trucs drôles)

Wotan a dit…

so what you are saying is long live my catholic ethics right?

'No a dit…

Yes, you are probably right. A bas la capote, longue vie à la calotte !

Unknown a dit…

My favourite has to be:

Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its protestant ethic.

This one cracks me up...